It’s the time of year when the air is crisp and it brings joy to your soul just to be outdoors in the Show-Me State. Get out and enjoy every minute of it, just minutes from Missouri’s biggest city. We guarantee you’ll fall for Platte County this autumn!
- Visit Weston Bend State Park – 1,133 acres featuring 3-mile paved, tree-covered loop trail plus gravel and dirt trails to explore Missouri River bottom area. Scenic overlook above the river offers stunning fall foliage views.
- Hike three miles from Weston Bend to Coal House Lodge on the outskirts of downtown Weston – old coal elevator transformed into a unique one bedroom bed & breakfast complete with private entrance and deck.
- Rent a tandem two-person bike at Coal House Lodge to pedal around Weston.
- Take a hayride to the pumpkin patch at Weston Red Barn Farm to find the perfect pumpkin.
- Try a cider slush and delicious barbecue at The Farmers House – listen to live music on the porch while discovering must-have fall décor.
- Sample Grandma Ding’s Fudge (apple pie, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cheesecake featured) at Pumpkins Etc. – plus find all your favorite fall decorations and of course the kittens!
- Not your normal red apples – pick Empire, Braeburn, Fuji, Gala, and more varieties at Alldredge Orchards.
- Experience fall in a vineyard at Jowler Creek Winery – games, bonfire, mulled wine, popcorn bar and spooky tales!
- Stroll along the banks of the Missouri River at English Landing Park in Parkville – view vibrant fall foliage colors then peruse the Farmers Market for a sweet treat!