People often think of spring and fall as “winery season,” and they certainly are. The picturesque landscapes and breathtaking views are a huge part of what make Missouri wine country such a great destination.
However, Missouri’s wineries offer unforgettable year-round experiences. Here are seven awesome reasons to head out to the Show-Me State’s wineries in December:
- Host Holiday Parties: Many Missouri wineries have facilities that are perfect for hosting your holiday gatherings. Plus, you have to admit the amenities are pretty great! Who doesn’t love delicious, award-winning wine?
- Attend Unique Holiday Events: Whether it’s the Annual Candlelight Christmas Walk in Augusta, the Kristkindl Markt in Hermann, or one of the other many unique holiday events hosted by local wineries, if you are looking for the holiday spirit, you’ll find it in Missouri wine country.
- Taste Seasonal Favorites: Specialty seasonal wines are featured this time of year at many Missouri wineries; enjoy fun flavors like cranberry, pumpkin, gingerbread and chai spice. You also find the alluring aroma of a comforting mug of mulled wine welcoming you into wineries, a seasonal treat you don’t want to miss.
- Shop Local Products: Find gifts for all the wine-lovers on your list and much more in the inviting gift shops of Missouri wineries. Gifting locally crafted items you love adds a sense of place, a special connection. So this year don’t just shop, shop local!
- Show Guests a Good Time: Have family or friends visiting from out of town and aren’t sure what to do to make their visit memorable? Share Missouri wine country with them!
- Make a Pit Stop the Best Part of the Trip: If you’re traveling for the holidays, work in a visit to a winery along the way. It will give you something to look forward to if traveling during this time of year usually stresses you out.
- Stock Up for New Years Eve: Missouri wineries make some fantastic, award-winning sparkling wines, many of which are only available at the wineries. Stock up to celebrate the New Year. Cheers!
See, we told you December is a great time to visit Missouri wine country!
Written by Christa Holtzclaw from the Missouri Wine and Grape Board.