It’s a little bit later than usual (blame it on a hectic week) but here’s a look at some of the events set for this weekend around Missouri. All of these events are posted on www.VisitMO.com if you’d like to find more information.
Here’s what’s happening:
- Ansel Adams: Masterworks Exhibit, (today-June 27), Crisp Museum, Cape Girardeau: This exhibit features photographs Adams exhibited as being among his best work.
- Bluegrass Concert, 7 p.m.-10 p.m., Vienna High School: An evening of bluegrass music featuring Harold Rowden’s Group, Beverly Hillbillies and the Ozark Ramblers.
- Family Day-Timestoppers: 1-4 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, Crisp Museum, Cape Girardeau, families can make a short clay animation scene with characters they create.
- Race to the Rocker, 9-11 a.m., Saturday, Fanning Outpost, Cuba: This four-mile race down Route 66 ends at the World’s Largest Rocking Chair, a 42-footer, at the Fanning Outpost.
- Taking Pictures – A History of Photography from Ancient Times, 1-3 p.m., Saturday, Buldoc House, Ste. Genevieve: This lecture on the history of photography will be given by Bruce Pendleton.
- Tea Party and Vintage Fashion Show, 2-4 p.m., Saturday, Vaile Mansion, Independence: Tea is served and models show off dresses and hats from the past.
- The Great Lake of the Ozarks Gospel Sing, Friday-Saturday, Main Street Music Hall, Osage Beach: Several artists perform Friday and Saturday, with evening shows at 7 p.m. and a matinée at 1 p.m.
- Wurstfest, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday, Bias Winery, Berger: Taste bratwurst and sauerkraut and other foods, along with Bias Winery’s wines and Gruhlke’s micro brews. Live entertainment 1-5 p.m.
Again, log on to www.VisitMO.com for more on these and other great events happening around the Show-Me State. Have a great weekend!!