The weather is supposed to be pretty nice around Missouri this weekend; hey, even if it rains, temps are supposed to be in the 50s and 60s, a welcome change.
If you’re looking for something to do, take a look at this list of ongoing or “this weekend only” events around the Show-Me State. Whether you’re interested in the music of the Beatles or toy tractors, you’ll find something fun in Missouri.
Here’s a look at the events posted on our web site, www.VisitMO.com. For full details, log on to www.VisitMO.com, then use the calendar function to select events on a specific day:
- African Ceremonial Cloths: Selections from the Collection, ongoing exhibit, St. Louis Art Museum.
- Exhibiting Excellence, High School Art, Rosemary Berkel and Harry L. Crisp II Museum, river campus at SEMO, Cape Girardeau (ends Sunday).
- Ian Weaver, Document, ongoing exhibit, St. Louis Art Museum (ends Sunday).
- Kansas City Ballet Guild’s Ballet Ball, Muehlebach Hotel, Kansas City (Saturday night).
- Katherine Dunham: Beyond the Dance, ongoing, Missouri History Museum, St. Louis (ends Sunday).
- Liverpool Legends (Beatles tribute band), Main Street Music Hall, Osage Beach (Friday and Saturday).
- March Morpho Mania (features large, bright blue butterflies), Sophia M. Sachs Butterfly House, Chesterfield (through March 31).
- Miniatures Only Garage Sales, International Association of Firefighters Hall, St. Louis (Saturday only).
- Mother and Father Worked So Hard So I Can Play, ongoing exhibition, St. Louis Art Museum (ends March 14).
- New Media Series: Dark Room; Marc Swanson and Neil Gust, ongoing exhibition, St. Louis Art Museum (ends April 4).
- Old Threshers Toy Show, Montgomery County Fairgrounds, (Saturday only).
- Orchid Show 2010, ongoing exhibit, Missouri Botanical Garden, St. Louis (exhibit ends March 28).
- Race: Are We So Different?, ongoing exhibit, Missouri History Museum, St. Louis (ends April 4).
- The Diary of Anne Frank, live theater show, Virginia Jackson Browning Theatre, Webster Groves, (last show is Sunday).
- Veterans Organizations, a Special Exhibit, Jefferson Barracks Old Ordnance Room, St. Louis.
- Washington Home and Garden Show, special event, Washington (runs Fri.-Sun.).
- Women in Art: A Panel Discussion, Crisp Museum, river campus at SEMO, Cape Girardeau (Friday).
For more information on these events, and other upcoming exhibits, shows, festivals and performances, logon to www.VisitMO.com.