The holidays are coming.
And so is the family.
What are you going to do?
Show your Missouri spirit, of course, by taking them to some of the coolest, holiday-iest places in your neck of the woods!
Across Missouri you find an abundance of places bursting with holiday spirit. And here’s the proof. Check out these five awesome sights to enjoy when your family visits northeast Missouri.
- Check out Steinberg Skating Rink in St. Louis – Enjoy an outing on the ice with family and friends and take in all the sights of Forest Park. Out-of-towners will be wowed by all there is to see and do in this expanse, which is home to the Saint Louis Art Museum, Missouri History Museum and the Saint Louis Zoo.
- Experience the fun of Christmas Traditions in St. Charles – This month-long event runs from the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas Eve. Carolers, great food, costumed characters and a dose of holiday cheer help you shake off the effects of turkey coma.
- Celebrate Mark Twain’s Birthday in Hannibal – One of world’s best-loved authors would have been 180 years old on November 30. The folks at the Mark Twain Boyhood Home and Museum are throwing him a birthday bash on Nov. 28. One of the highlights is a moustache contest! The event coincides with Hannibal’s Victorian Festival of Christmas.
- Wine and Dine in Hermann – If your celebration of the holidays extends to early November, take your family and friends to Hermann for the Holiday Fare Wine Trail on Nov. 21 or 22. You’ll stop at seven different wineries for tastings and food pairings. If your peeps are showing up between Thanksgiving and Christmas, don’t miss the Say Cheese Wine Trail on Dec. 12 and 13.
- Find the perfect tree at Fouch’s Christmas Tree Farm in Kirksville. Explore more than 20 acres as you search for the Scotch pine to adorn your home. Wreaths, hand-carved Santas and Amish candy also are available.