The FourWay was built as a filling station along Route 66 in 1932; the Wallis family bought it in 1968 and operated it as a Mobil gas station. In 2015, they decided to restore the building and open a restaurant serving classic American food with a Mediterranean influence. Appetizers include fries topped with crumbled Feta, tzatziki and housemade hot sauce, and flash-fried Brussels sprouts with olive oil, lemon, Parmesan and balsamic vinaigrette. Grab a burger “charbroiled to perfection” or opt for a lamb burger.
The dessert menu is short but sweet: Choose from a housemade ice-cream sandwich of vanilla bean ice cream between chocolate graham crackers and fresh strawberries or baklava layered with pecans, cashews, walnuts and drizzled with honey.
Written by Nancy Stiles. Photography by Gregg Goldman. This article appears courtesy of Feast Magazine. Feast Magazine is dedicated to broadening the conversation about food and engaging a large, hungry audience of food lovers.
The FourWay, 102 W. Washington Ave., Cuba, Missouri, 573.885.3004, fourway66.com