There are so many different ways to enjoy chocolate: dark chocolate, white chocolate, milk chocolate and the fillings… the possibilities are endless. How do you even begin pairing your favorite chocolate treat with the perfect Missouri wine? Don’t let the diverse selection intimidate you. There are a few solid, basic rules that will guide you to get the most from your wine and chocolate pairing.
Now that you know the ideal Missouri wines to pair with each type of chocolate, let’s talk local chocolatiers! There are so many, we’re sure to miss at least one, but here is a list to get you started.
- André’s Confiserie Suisse (Kansas City)
- Askinosie Chocolate (Springfield)
- Bankhead Chocolate (Bowling Green)
- Bissinger’s Handcrafted Chocolatier (St. Louis)
- Chip’s Chocolate Factory (Kansas City)
- Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate (St. Louis)
- Christopher Elbow Artisanal Chocolates (Kansas City)
- Kakao Chocolate (St. Louis)
- Merb’s Candies (St. Louis)
- Panache Chocolatier and Café (Kansas City)
- Patric Chocolate (Columbia)
- The Candy Factory (Columbia)