Summer in Missouri is one of the best times of the year. Kids are out of school, the weather is beautiful and everything and everyone just seems a bit happier. During these few short months throughout the year, Missouri is alive and well with outdoor adventures for families, couples and kids alike.
There are many of lakes and rivers for boating and swimming enthusiasts, caves and hiking trails that satisfy the explorer in all of us and theme parks from St. Louis to Kansas City that are fun for the whole family. But, one of the best things summer in Missouri has to offer are the dozens of bike festivals held across the state during this time of year.
From May to August there are over 20 bike festivals spread across the state that range from hundred mile races for competitive bikers to casual 10-mile rides for beginners. Whether you are looking for a mountain bike race, a charity ride or a bike trail that takes you right into a music festival, Missouri has a bike festival for every kind of rider.
Here is a list of all the upcoming bike races and festivals coming to Missouri this summer!
- Trail to a Cure – May 6 – Rocheport, MO
- Greensfelder – May 7 – Eureka, MO
- The Squealer – May 13 – Lake of the Ozarks, MO
- Tour de Bier KC – May 14 – Kansas City, MO
- Jack and Coke Bike Ride – May 20 – Kansas City, MO
- Red Ribbon Ride – May 20 – Springfield, MO
- The Hairy Hundred – May 21 – Columbia, MO
- Pedaler’s Jamboree – May 27-28 – Columbia, MO
- Tour of Kansas City Gran Fondo – May 27 – Kansas City, MO
- Route 66 Mother Road Bicycle Tour – June 3 – Joplin, MO
- Rumble on Route 66 – June 4 – St. James, MO
- Big BAM – June 10-15 – Weston, MO
- Cycle for Life – June 10 – Rogersville, MO
- Ride the Fault Line – June 10-17 – Sikeston, MO
- Battle of Berryman 25/50 – June 17 – St. Louis, MO
- Katy Trail Ride – June 19-26 – Clinton, MO
- Tour de Corn – June 24 – East Prairie, MO
- Tour of Kansas City – June 24-27 – Kansas City, MO
- Creve Coeur Heartbreaker – June 25 – Creve Coeur, MO
- Summer Breeze – August 27 – Kansas City, MO
Written by Kirsten L