Carthage Convention and Visitor’s Bureau announces summer 2013 is packed with family events. With traditional opportunities available as well as special events, Carthage offers individuals and families a variety of opportunities for fun in and out of the sun. Check the Carthage CVB website for all the up to date information and events, Visit-Carthage.com.
- Red Oak II is a work in progress with a range of classic buildings that will take you back to yesteryear; wanderaimlessly anytime or join the gang for Pickin’ & Singin’ on a Saturday night.
- FREE -Route 66 Museum located inside the Jasper County Courthouse. The Museum display features timeline highlights of the history of the automobile in America and Route 66. JasperCounty.org
- FREE – Stop by the CVB office to pick up a history guide & driving tour map. The brochure “Through the Years” features the Historic Homes of Carthage.
- Kiwanis Kiddieland boasts to be America’s Largest Non-profit Amusement Park with five rides available for kids. The train has been operating since the early 1950’s and each ride is fifty cents. Open Saturday and Sunday 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. inside Municipal Park.
- Find a friend at the Carthage Humane Society.
- The Carthage Golf Course features a beautiful 18 Hole Championship course and driving range located on Route 66. CarthageGolfCourse.com
- FREE – Participate in the Governor’s 100 mile challenge; hike on the historic Ruby Jack Trail.
- Find a long lost secret at the Jasper County Records Center.
- FREE – Concert sponsored by Carthage Council on the Arts in Central Park on June 22. Bring a lawn Chair and a picnic dinner!
- The 66 Drive-In Theatre is THE classic summer event for every family featuring a new release double feature every weekend night. 66DriveIn.com
For 56 other ways to have fun in Carthage, click here.
Written by Wendi Douglas, director, Carthage Convention and Visitors Bureau.