The forecast around Central Missouri calls for rain showers today, but this weekend should be a great one around the state. Click this link to find some of the great activities scheduled for this weekend, http://tinyurl.com/y7nvdoc.
Here are some options to consider for each region of Missouri:
- Northwest: Coalition of Historic Trekkers National Gathering at Fort Osage in Sibley (northeast of Independence). This historic re-enactment focuses on life in the early 1800s; through Sunday.
- Northeast: Grapes to Glass, Hermann. This is a special wine tour and tasting at Stone Hill Winery. Tickets are limited; Saturday only.
- Central: 60th Annual Dogwood Festival, Camdenton. This event focuses on family fun and includes a parade, entertainment and a carnival; Friday and Saturday.
- Southeast: Dogwood-Azalea Festival, Charleston. Celebrate the blooming of dogwoods and azaleas and participate in events like home tours, an old-fashioned ice cream social and piano concerts; through Sunday.
- Southwest: Silver Dollar City’s Worldfest, Branson. This month-long celebration is one of the nation’s largest international festivals. Events include performers from around the globe; through May 9.
If you pick one of these activities, something else you find on www.VisitMO.com or choose to plan your own getaway, travel safe and enjoy the weather!